Saturday, April 5, 2014

OOTD: You and me, baby we're nothing but mammals

Happy Saturday everyone! We made it through another week :D I've noticed the weather is getting steadily cooler here in Australia - the remnants of summer really are beginning to disappear. The weather here is kind of hard to dress for sometimes, especially if you're out all day, since it's usually cooler in the early morning and evening and quite hot in the afternoon. The temperature difference can sometimes even be more than 10 degrees which is rather insane.

With summer fast disappearing I'm throwing together some of my last summer/spring/warmer weather in general outfits, and I'm warming up to a pair of wax pants I bought recently on sale for $15:

Mink Pink Top, Valleygirl Wax pants and Boohoo cutout boots



I got caught in the rain a couple of days ago wearing these pants - I rather foolishly thought they would keep my legs dry. Turns out, if a pair of wax pants are that cheap and you're caught in torrential rain with no cover for 15 minutes, you'll get soaking wet no matter what you're wearing. I dug up this old singlet I bought at a Ladakh warehouse sale a fair few years ago, the sleeve cut is a little low so I like to wear a singlet underneath it so I'm not busy flashing everybody my bra.



















I finished it off with my Boohoo cutout boots - the heel isn't too tall and I can walk around in them fairly comfortably if I'm not in them all day.

I think it's that time of year again, the seasons are changing and it's time to clean out my wardrobe. Over the years, I've held on to so many things even though I no longer wear them. One such item I can think of is an extremely old Emily the Strange shirt, which was already a hand-me-down to begin with. What sorts of items have you kept over the years?

Have a great weekend everyone x

No comments:

Post a Comment